About the Position:
Our client, a strong Midwest-based law firm with an established Chicago office, is actively seeking healthcare data security/privacy attorneys to join as associates in its Chicago office. Attorneys in this practice assist healthcare providers, managed care organizations, insurers, employee benefit plans, employers, and business associates with a full range of healthcare and data privacy matter, including HIPAA and HITECH matters. The target candidates for this busy and sophisticated practice will have 2 or more years of healthcare data security/privacy experience, including knowledge of HIPAA, breach response and other federal and state health privacy laws. Familiarity with privacy/data security compliance counseling, risk management and class action litigation is a plus, as is an understanding of GDPR, CCPA, and other data protection and privacy laws. Candidates must be CIPP certified (or willing to obtain certification).
· 2 or more years of healthcare data security/privacy experience
· Knowledge of HIPAA, breach response and other federal and state health privacy laws, as well as understanding of privacy and data security compliance counseling, risk management, and class action litigation is a plus
· CIPP certification required (or must be obtained within one year of hire)
· Mentoring opportunities
· Dynamic and inclusive culture
· Billable credit for pro bono work and other approved firm activities