About the Position:
Our client, one of the largest and most recognized global law firms, is actively seeking a mergers and acquisitions attorney to join its Chicago office as a mid-level associate. In this role, you would be working on every stage of the deal from structuring, due diligence, and negotiation through execution to implementation and post-deal integration. The M&A attorneys at this firm collaborate across borders and practice groups, and their client base spans every major global industry including technology, financial services, manufacturing & engineering, oil & gas, consumer products, media, healthcare and more. This position will be exclusively M&A focused, working on transactions ranging from 100M to 1B in value for both private equity and strategic clients. Target candidates will have 3 to 5 years of significant M&A transactions experience at a major law firm, or extensive second chair experience on smaller transactions, and should be familiar with managing the work of junior-level associates on deals. This is a phenomenal opportunity to work on substantive matters in a large and prestigious Am Law firm!
· 3 to 5 years of significant M&A transactional experience at a major law firm, or extensive second chair experience on smaller transactions
· Experience drafting purchase agreements and merger agreements
· Strong academic credentials
· Top of the market compensation
· Development and training programs
· Ranked as a top firm in Chicago and a top firm for M&A