About the Position:
Our client, an established Chicago law firm with a sophisticated corporate transactions practice, is actively seeking an experienced corporate and securities attorney to join the firm as a partner. This practice group represents business owners, investors, and organizations ranging from midsized, entrepreneur-operated companies to large national and global companies in corporate counseling, M&A, capital raising, business formation and strategic planning. Target candidates will be partners at top law firms with substantial experience with M&A transactions as well as private placements, formation, regulatory, operational, compliance, broker-dealer formation, regulation and compliance experience, etc. Portable business of at least $500k is required as is the desire to bring and develop your practice at an entrepreneurial law firm.
· Experience with private placements, formation, regulatory, operational, compliance and transactional matters (particularly representing registered investment advisers, family offices, private funds, and financial sponsors)
· Broker-dealer formation, regulation and compliance experience
· Experience representing buyers and sellers in M&A transactions involving wealth managers, investment advisers and other RIAs
· Portable book of business of at least $500k required
· Firm ranked as a top midsize firm in Chicago
· Collegial and entrepreneurial atmosphere